A Heart Toward Home

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve (worship) the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Isaac is 12!

 This young man turned 12 today! I get very emotional thinking about all our kiddos and how blessed we are to have them, but with Isaac I remember how much we wanted a baby but couldn't get pregnant. Then when we did find out we were expecting (5 years after marriage) we were very surprised. You can read about our struggle with infertility here. Yes it is so hard to believe he is 12!
 Our precious Sarah just had to buy Isaac something with her own money. She picked him out a Lego set. The Lego set can be made into an eagle, beaver, or scorpion. Isaac was so excited!
 Remember we got him his new puppy for his birthday. To open for his birthday we got him a toy for his dog and some dog food. Isaac and Old Dan have had fun today playing with the puppy's new toy. :)
 I tried to make a few of Isaac's favorite things today for his birthday. For lunch I made sloppy joes, for supper we had fish and carrot souffle', and instead of a cake I made theses yummy chocolate chocolate chip cookies. We sang Happy Birthday and ate a couple of cookies tonight! :) (I need to post this cookie recipe soon.)
Here he is after a good shower and warm cookies with a glass of milk! It has been a great day! Of coarse there is more to come for this young man...I will be posting as we continue to celebrate!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Happy Birthday, Isaac!! Glad you had a great day with your favorite people & favorite things!!