A Heart Toward Home

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve (worship) the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

Friday, August 23, 2013

Homemade Peanut Butter Granola

Just had to share our new favorite breakfast cereal! A few months ago I looked up two recipes for homemade granola and came up with my own version. This has been a great breakfast and really good if you add some strawberries or blueberries to the top covered in milk...YUMMY!!
Or you can top off your favorite yogurt with some and enjoy!
Homemade Peanut Butter Granola
4 cups of old fashion oats
½ cup of coconut oil
½ cup of peanut butter
2/3 cup of honey
1 cup of coconut
½ cup of pecans
½ tsp of cinnamon
½ tsp of vanilla extract

In a small sauce pan, melt together coconut oil, peanut butter, and honey. Remove from heat and add vanilla. Stir all remaining ingredients together in a large bowl. Drizzle on the honey, peanut butter and coconut oil mixture and stir well. Pour mixture onto a large, parchment paper lined baking sheet and spread out. Bake at 300° for 30 minutes or until golden, stirring after the first 15 minutes. Let set out and cool. Store granola in an air tight container.

I have to make this once a week around here so when I made some the other day I just doubled the recipe. :) Hope you enjoy it as much as we do!

No comments: