A Heart Toward Home

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve (worship) the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

Friday, September 16, 2011

8 months old

Joanna was 8 months old on Wednesday. I took her for a check up today and she weighed 19 pounds and was 27 inches long. She had a great check up and the Doctor said Joanna is doing great! :) She is doing more and more each month. This month she has learned to crawl ALL the way to the top of the steps. She loves that she can do this. I have to watch her so close because she will go stright for the steps in a minute! The first picture below of her on the steps is of what she will do, turn around and smile at me as to say "Look at me, mommy". Can you see the smile on her face? Then I have included a close up of her on the steps.


Joanna is already helping with chores around the house. As the kids and I were cleaning out the dishwasher and cleaning up the kitchen Joanna climbed in the dishwasher. She is just so cute! The kids just love her and watching her grow and do new things.


The weather has been really nice some nights and so while Bryan is at football practice with Isaac I have taken the other kiddos for a walk. Joanna LOVES the little car. Gigi and Pop got that for Timothy when he turned 1 and it is so nice that Joanna is getting to enjoy it also. I wish I had a video of her riding in the car to share. She just gets so excited and if I didn't have her buckled in she would tump right out.



This last picture is of Timothy and Joanna taking a bath. Seeing these two together remind me so much of Isaac and Sarah when they were about this age. :) I love it!!


3 comments:

Nancy said...

At first I thought she looked like her Mommy, but she looks like her Daddy to me now!
Happy Birthday, Joanna!! Have a wonderful weekend!

Anonymous said...

Love, love this blog!!! She does look like Bryan. Timothy looks like Elijah in the bathtub picture!! Our grandkids are so cute, but then they have cute parents and grandparents.

Love to all,
Maw and Paw

Wendy said...

I love the picture of her in the dishwasher!! Happy 8 months, Joanna. . . a little late :)