A Heart Toward Home

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve (worship) the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

Monday, September 5, 2011

Homeschool Moment

The boys (mostly Elijah) have been learning their letters during school time. We learned the letter "I" and we made these Indian headbands! They loved it! Don't they look like my little Indians? We are having so much fun with these two during school time and they are learning lots and doing so well! :)



The big kiddos learned about Christopher Columbus and drew these pictures.Sarah's picture is above and Isaac's is below. Sarah and Isaac are doing very well in school and they love doing History and Science. One day they will have to be doing History and Science on their own so for now we huddle up together on the couch and go over them together. I love it!


With having little ones around and having to homeschool the bigger ones I needed HELP! I don't stay right up under Isaac and Sarah all day but there are times when I need to go over something with them. I had read about "Rug Time" before but never have done it consistently. This year I went through all the kids toys and divided them up into three boxes and then left some in their toy box. We also have two of those play rugs that are not being used. Each week I get out a different box of toys and rug for them to play with. They can only play with this at a certain time during the day and they have to stay on the rug! I have realized that my little boys LOVE "rug time"! This also gives me about 30 minutes to 45 minutes to help Isaac and Sarah if they need me. Also, my big kids have asked "When do we get "rug time"?" :) So sweet when they all have time on the rug together. Joanna even likes "rug time"! Thankful that God opened my eyes and showed me this, I just have to share it! The picture below is of all the kids having "Rug Time"!!!






No comments: