A Heart Toward Home

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve (worship) the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

Friday, October 1, 2010

Tending to a nation




Today was beautiful and we got to go outside and enjoy some of it. I let Isaac and Sarah do some school outside while the little boys played. They had so much fun and enjoyed every minute of it!

I receive this magazine called Above Rubies and inserted in the issue was a letter that I actually just found yesterday. As I read it I felt God encourage me and challenge me. I wanted to share with you what it said...

"May God's love fill your home. Don't forget who you are--an Arrow Polisher
( Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, So are the children of one’s youth.
Psalm 127:4),
a Nation Builder
(But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; 1 Peter 2:9) ,
a Director of Home Affairs, and of coarse you proudly bear the name of Mother. As a home-loving, home-keeping, home-nursing, home-cooking, home-working, home-training and home advocating mother, you are the most important asset in this nation! Your life may often seem overwhelmingly busy, but what else can you expect when you have the most important job in the nation?" (Mrs. Nancy Campbell)

Thank you Lord for reminding me that every day I am taking care of the nation. She was right, I think every day I feel overwhelmingly busy, but now I know why. God reminded me that my children are the future of this nation. If Jesus tarries and my children live a long life then how I train them now will matter in the future. God has entrusted me with these arrows and it is my job to teach them the ways of the Lord (Deuteronomy 6:5-9
You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength. 6 “And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart. 7 You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up. 8 You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. 9 You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.).
My prayer is that God would not let me forget "who I am". I must go now, I need to tend to the nation.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Great post! I love reading things that remind me that God gives us each a purpose & it is our job to take care of that & nurture it!