A Heart Toward Home

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve (worship) the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Our first night at our new home.





I should have already posted this but better late than never!! We had gathered all that we could and tried to have all that we needed for a couple of days into a few boxes. Some men from the church had come to help Bryan move some big things so we decided to move as many big things as we could while we had the help. After a long day of packing and moving we all were exhausted! I think each one of us said that we were wanting something refreshing. With my sweet hubby around that was all he needed to hear and off he went to the closest store (I think it was the Piggly Wiggly) and bought a huge thing of ice cream and we all enjoyed every bite!! No, we didn't eat the whole thing of ice cream but the scoop or two we did have was so nice. It was like a fun ending to a crazy day. As you can see all we had was plastic cups and spoons, have you ever tried scooping ice cream with a plastic spoon? Not easy! I think we washed and used those plastic cups that whole first week. If you have ever moved you know what I mean when I say you "ruff it" for a week or two til you get all those boxes to the new house and then eventually find which box has what in it when you need it. It has been crazy for us the past few weeks and I look forward to getting settled and using our home for times of fellowship with friends. I have to share something....God's word tells us that when we commit our ways to Him, He will give us the desires of our hearts. I remember when we moved to our home in Alabama and were painting. I had thought I would love for something to be brown. Never expressed that because really just thought that would be alot of trouble. Here we are in our new home....every wall is brown except for the kitchen!! Is that not hilarious!! Thought that was too funny and wanted to share with you some of my crazy world. :)

Please pray for our family as we do get settled into our new home and as we feel that God has called us to this neighborhood. I see this as a great opportunity to share with our new neighbors all that God has done in my life and be a living testimony to them of a Great and Awesome God!! This is like our mission field.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Hi. I found your blog from a comment you left on Rebekah's blog about homeschooling. We are in that journey as well. It is always great to connect with other homeschooling moms. Your family is adorable!

Wendy Harris said...

I loved reading your blog and catching up on your family! I'm sorry it's been so long since I've posted a comment. I will be praying for you in your new mission field! I love you, Cantina! Oh, and my vote was girl!