A Heart Toward Home

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve (worship) the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

Friday, October 8, 2010

The Pumpkin Patch















Yesterday the kids and I went to a pumpkin patch with some other homeschool families in our church. It was a great field trip for us to do. When we got there they let the kids feed the calves a bottle. Sarah and Elijah loved that. Then we got to see a rabbit, goats and a turkey. Then we headed over to the hay maze. The boys loved jumping over the bales of hay. I took Timothy and Elijah to play in the corn. That was fun because it was this huge feeding trough full of corn and the kids could play in that with shovels and buckets, just right for Elijah and Timothy!! Next we took a Hay Ride that was 2 miles long and had a ton of scarecrows all along the path. Those were some of the cutest scarecrows. There was even some that were "real". Next we got to pick out a pumpkin to take home and then it was time for lunch. After we ate lunch one of the "real" scarecrows came over to the picnic area and he was on stilts, it was neat. When lunch was done my two little ones were hot and tired, so we headed for home. We all had such a great time being with our friends and enjoying the day that God had provided for us. I was so thankful for the Mom's who helped me with Timothy and the stroller, they were a BIG help!! Although Elijah had a couple of melt downs the kids and I had a great day! We all were exhausted when we got home so after so much fun we all crashed for a nap. Thank you Lord for naps!! :)

New House update: Yesterday we moved some of the attic stuff, like boxes of clothes and Christmas stuff. The greatest thing was that a Lady from the church offered to clean the house for me!! I get so emotional thinking about it. I feel so humbled and grateful that she offered to do this. She went yesterday and worked ALL day to clean our new home for us and now it is ready for us to move in! I pray blessing on this dear lady, she has truly blessed me beyond anything I could have ever asked for. I had really wondered how was I going to be able to get the house cleaned with being pregnant and 4 children, it would have taken me a while. Today Bryan's parents are coming to help us do a few things, that will be great! Hopefully next weekend we can get the majority of our stuff moved and be closer to being fully there. Oh, we are so excited and can't wait to use our home to glorify God!!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Looks like fun! So thankful to God for the outdoors & happy kids!