A Heart Toward Home

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve (worship) the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Fall is here!

OK, so it doesn't feel like fall, but Wednesday was the official first day of Autumn! I just love this time of the year, when the weather begins to cool down...not too much. How can we see the wonderful works in the changing of seasons and NOT KNOW that there is a God? God is the one who changes the seasons but even more so He is in the heart changing business. Just as He changes the seasons He so wants to change our hearts from a heart of stone to a heart of flesh (soft heart).
And I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes and be careful to obey my rules.
Ezekiel 36:26-27

I am reminded of when the Lord changed my heart! I was 19 when God revealed my sin and my need for Him. It was then that He removed my heart of stone and put within me a heart of flesh. God began forming me into what He ultimately wants me to be. I turned from my sin and began to follow Him. No, I am not perfect but everyday I have to die to myself and allow God to be Lord of my life, allow Him to be in complete control. I want Him to be in charge because I know that I will mess things up. Now that God has changed my heart I want everyone to hear His message through what He has done in my life. The message, that I was DEAD in my sin and without hope until He brought life to me through the death of Jesus who paid for my sin when He died on the cross. That is right, there was nothing I could do to save myself it was only because of GOD that I am alive today. No, I wasn't a "bad" girl but even good people spend eternity separated from God in hell, and that is exactly where I was headed. I am being sanctified every day and pray that my life would be one that pleases the Lord and brings Him glory!

No comments: