A Heart Toward Home

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve (worship) the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

Monday, September 6, 2010

Enjoying the outdoors and more

My wonderful hubby!!

The three bikers!

Timothy is trying to pull that car out of the ditch.

The last time Sarah has been on the scooter.

Look at that pro!

That is a wild man!!

Oh the weather has been so nice here lately. We are loving every minute of it and soaking in some sunshine. The kids have gotten out and rode their bikes alot. Elijah got a bike for his birthday and I was beginning to think he would never ride it, just too busy doing other things, but he has rode that little bike out this weekend. He loves being able to ride with the big kids and he does a really good job. Sarah has just now learned to ride with no training wheels. When we first took them off she was so upset. She was just determined that we just needed to get her another bike with training wheels, we informed her that that was not going to happen. Well she practiced for a few days and then had no interest in it at all. For her birthday we got her a scooter and that just took over the bike. She has not even thought about the bike since the scooter. On Saturday I encouraged her just to get her bike out and try riding it even if it was one time. Well of coarse, the tires on the bike were as flat as pancakes. So as soon as daddy could he aired those tires up and she hopped on that bike and has rode it all over the place. She has even asked to go out and ride her bike and hasn't rode the scooter since. Isaac loves being outside and would ride his bike til it was so dark out that he couldn't see anymore. He is the kid that loves to ride but enjoys it even more if he has someone to ride with. He is even doing those more experienced things (like "no hands", or standing up on the peddles, etc.). I thought for a while that he would be in to skate boarding but he seems to have stuck with the bike. I remember when he first started to learn how to ride with no training wheels, I thought we would never get it, that he would be too scared to learn, but I am so proud of him. Isaac does really well on his bike. While the kids were enjoying a day riding bikes my dear hubby was mowing the grass. He is such a great husband and does an excellent job of taking care of the yard and so much more. I could go on and on about all the many things he does to help us out and bless me. He is the greatest!



Pregnancy update: I will be 21 weeks this Wednesday! I know this is not a great picture of me but just wanted to let everyone know how much I was showing. This baby is moving so much and I love it!!! Sarah felt it move the other day and she was so excited. She is the first of the kids to feel it move. Again, it is so hard to believe that I am half way there! This baby will be here before we know it! Don't forget you can vote what you think the baby will be, boy or girl. Just look on the side bar of the blog and cast your vote.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

the kids look like they are having a great time and enjoying the beautiful weather.
Cantina you look great too. and even Bryan is having fun mowing the grass!!!

Love and Hugs,
Maw and Paw

The Camp Family said...

You guys look great! I can't wait to feel my little one kick. That is one thing that I absolutely love about being pregnant. You look great....as always. We miss you. Hope to see you soon. Have a great time this weekend!

Karen said...

That IS a great pic of you!! So excited for you and your family!! Did you get my reply to the email you sent me? Haven't heard back from you...I know things have been busy for the both of us :) Take care, talk to you soon!