A Heart Toward Home

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve (worship) the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

Monday, May 3, 2010

A Day at the Park!










On Good Friday some of the moms invited the kids and I to go to the Bell Buckle park with them. This was my first outing without Bryan so I was a little nervous. The park was about 25 minutes away. One of the moms had given me her cell phone number and I did end up having to call and ask for some help. We did make it and had a great time. Because it was Good Friday one of the grandmothers in our church came and did a "Seder Service" with the kids. She talked about what each item was and why it was a part of the supper. She even had things for the kids to smell (bitter herbs), see and taste (bread/cracker). It was neat! The play ground was really nice and the kids enjoyed getting to play with the other kids and getting to know them. I also got to meet some of the moms and talk to them, the best I could while keeping up with Timothy and Elijah. We have so enjoyed getting to know the other families here. We don't feel like strangers, it's as if we have always been here...we just fit right in! Isaac and Sarah have made several friends and that has been good. Elijah and Timothy of coarse don't completely understand and everything is "new" to them (new church, new house, new room, new people, etc.) so it is taking them a little longer to adjust. Bryan has come in at a time that is really busy at the church. With graduation, youth camp, kids camp and then also trying to follow God's lead in leading the small groups (Sunday School). He has just started doing a family worship sheet for the families in the church to do each night together at home and it has gone really well. Bryan is really gifted in this and has a heart for families growing in the Lord together. There are alot of things that he is really excited about and excited about seeing the Lord lifted up and glorified in our church and the lives of the families in our church. As for me I have been visiting the "older" ladies (more mature) Sunday School classes and have loved each one. It has been so good for me to be around those ladies and to know that they are sincere in their walk with the Lord. Matter of fact the kids and I are going to start visiting some of the older people each week and getting to know them better. We enjoyed all the older people we built relationships with at West Park Heights. We hold those people very dear to our hearts. I truely believe that the older people have so much wisdom that we can glean from them. Until the next post..."fix your eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." Hebrews 12:2

1 comment:

Wendy Harris said...

The kids look like they had so much fun! I'm glad you got to spend some time with the moms too. You will be a great friend to them as you have always been to me! I love you!