A Heart Toward Home

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve (worship) the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

Me and my blessings/gifts from God!

My mom and the grandkids!

My mother and I! I love her!

Bryan and his mom! She is a great mother and mother-in-law!


Gigi with our children (some of her grandkids)!


I pray that all you mom's had a great and blessed Mother's Day! We had a very exciting weekend. We went to Alabama on Friday and surprised my mom. My Dad was a great "partner in crime". He made plans to take mom out for a date on Friday and then as they were leaving we pulled up in the drive way. She was so surprised! Thanks Dad for all your help, you were great! We took mom out to eat and then to the cookie place. After supper with my mother we headed to spend the night with Bryan's mom. It was nice getting to spend some time with them. Then on Saturday morning everyone except for me headed to watch our nephew play baseball. My dear hubby took the kids with him so I could spend some time one on one with my mom. We went to a few stores and then we went and got a red velvet doughnut! Time with mom was great and the doughnut was delicious. Mom and I hardly ever get time alone so that was a real treat. Thank you Bryan for giving me some time with my mom. You are such a wonderful and selfless husband, I truly am so blessed! Then Bryan called me and I met all of them and we ate lunch with his mom. It was a nice lunch and a great time to spend with her. After a full morning we headed back home. Today has been a blessed mother's day for me! My children (Isaac and Sarah) told me Happy Mother's Day first thing this morning without having to be reminded. Actually Sarah beat Bryan to it. After lunch Bryan took care of the kids and let me have some time to read and rest! I told you he was and is awesome!! Then after supper we went to the Sonic and got ice-cream. The sweet part was Isaac used his money to buy everyone's ice-cream. He said that was my Mother's Day gift from him. I feel so blessed to be a Mother and also so undeserving. I thank God for making me a MOM!

Her children rise up and call her blessed, her husband also, and he praises her. Proverbs 31:28

No comments: