A Heart Toward Home

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve (worship) the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Party, Party!

Elijah checking out his bike!


Timothy is wanting to get into that toy!!


Birthday Boys!

Timothy's cake


Elijah's cake


We celebrated Elijah and Timothy's Birthdays this weekend with Family! We headed down to Alabama on Thursday and ate supper with my parents and grandmothers then on Thursday morning Bryan took Isaac, Sarah, Elijah and my dad fishing in Clay County. They had a blast. My Mom and I (and Timothy) decorated cakes and got things ready for the party. On Friday afternoon some of the folks went fishing again and caught 66 pounds of catfish! WOW! We had the party at Bryan's parents house and my mother-in-law was so great in all that she did to help. Thank you Joan for all you did, it was great! My mom and dad were great in helping me with the kids and just being there to help in whatever way they could. Thank you mom and dad...you are great! Then on Friday night Bryan's family came and we had a huge party for two very special boys!! Elijah will be 3 and Timothy just turned 1!! We had Bar-B-Q and it was so good! Then we sung "Happy Birthday" and of coarse I had to throw in something a little different...on the last part we sang "we sure do love you". Then we blew out candles and cut the cake. Along with the cake we had homemade icecream...ummmm. Finally we opened presents, presents and more presents. The boys got alot of nice toys, clothes and lots of love! We gave Elijah a bicycle and he is so excited to ride it when we get home. Then after the party Joan made cinnamin rolls (homemade) with Elijah and Sarah. Isaac went home with my parents (for some one on one time) and Timothy crashed! This morning we just hung out and enjoyed being with Bryan's mom and dad. We had such a great time this weekend and love making memories with family! Thank you to everyone who came and showed love to Elijah and Timothy, we are blessed to have family like you...we love each of you!

2 comments:

Dodey said...

Awesome job with the cakes...very creative!!! Did you make the hammer and saw from fondant or are they toys? Looks like yall had a great time! Squeeze those babies for me! I love yall!!

Cantina Camp said...

Yes, the saw and hammer are toys...I am not that creative! Thanks for the comment.