A Heart Toward Home

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve (worship) the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Joy!!


My heart is full and I just have to share with you. I had posted two post ago (Day at the Park) about Bryan developing Family worship sheets for the families in our church, we as a family have gotten so much out of this. It is amazing what kids pick up on even when you think they are not listening. Bryan and I have had some very awesome talks with the kids through these family worships and love every minute of it. I am sure you can guess who is the one we are teaching to sit and listen and be a part of this worship time....Elijah. Yes Timothy is doing his own little thing among us, but it is Elijah that we are training. He has began praying and they are the sweetest and most sincere prayers. Also he has started singing to us in the car. We were coming home from church the other night and he started singing and the one thing I could understand him say was "He could not do this by Himself". When he would get to that part he would sing it as loud as he could. So when we arrived home I asked him about that and he said that Jesus couldn't die on the cross by himself. WOW! It was by the strength of the Father that Jesus died on the cross! Then last night after family worship Elijah asked "Why did Jesus die on the cross?" What a great opportunity we had to share with him. Isn't God so good and I love that He is at work in the lives of my children. I am humbled...

2 comments:

Dodey said...

AWESOME!!!! I love to see the babes have a tender heart toward Him. Thanks for sharing!
I love you all!

Nancy said...

Such a blessing to read! Children are from God. I have not checked blogs or updated much lately, but I'm planning to get back on track!! It was wonderful reading how you guys are adjusting & I love your Mother's Day pic's! xoxo!