A Heart Toward Home

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve (worship) the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

A nugget of God's truth...

I haven't posted in awhile about things God has spoke to me through His Word...so I thought now is a good time. I have been reading through Ecclesiastes and the other day as I was reading chapter 9 something just jumped out at me. Look at Chapter 9 verses 5 & 6...
For the living know that they will die; But the dead know nothing, And they have no more reward, For the memory of them is forgotten. Also their love, their hatred, and their envy have now perished; Nevermore will they have a share In anything done under the sun.

What I felt that God was revealing to me is that once I am gone from this earth I will no longer have a chance to make an impact on anyone...even my children! Did you get that? ...Nevermore will I have a share in anything done under the sun. I know even more clearly now that I must make an impact on those around me (especially my children) and I can either make an impact for Jesus or for the things of this world. I also realized that others have that chance to make an impact too...on me and my family. I feel that it is up to me to impact my children for the glory of God! After I had read this in Ecclesiastes I saw the following statement on someone's blog...

From kindergarten to 12th grade children spend 14,000 seat hours in learning. Whoever controls these hours controls these children. -Voddie Baucham

OK so I know that not everyone is called to homeschool their children...but think about that statement...ask yourself who is controlling your children...who is making an impact on your children?

I wish I had the time and I could just open up my heart on this blog...but that would take way too much time...so here is just a little of my heart! May I encourage you with this...do all you can to make that impact on your children (I believe for Jesus is the best impact) because when you pass on, you won't be able to make that impact any longer.

Some things that I feel led to do this New Year to make that impact is...
1) Read the Bible more
2) Pray more specifically for my children
3) Pray more specifically for my husband
4) Laugh more
5) Pray more often for others
6) Tell more people about Jesus and how He changed my heart
7) Honor others
8) Enjoy my family more

I would love to hear from you and know how you will make more of an impact this Year!

4 comments:

Jeanette said...

OH I love this!!! What a great thought. Thanks so much for sharing!!

The longings in my heart for this year are very similar to yours!!!

Cantina Camp said...

Thanks Jeanette for posting your comment and sharing your heart in your posts. I also got the statement from Voddie Bauchum from your post...Thanks!

Nancy said...

I'm praying that I give less small talk to people & share more of God's word. And for God's will for my family, daily. Oh! And I'm praying not to sweat the small stuff! I love this post...

Wendy Harris said...

I'm so glad to have a friend like you who makes me feel important in what I do at home with my boys. You are such a good mom! Thank you for being an encouragement to me through sharing your heart!