A Heart Toward Home

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve (worship) the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

Saturday, January 23, 2010

I love this...



One of the fears of homeschooling is, will you be able to teach your kids how to read! I had this fear myself and just really didn't know what the kids would learn and if they did learn would they be at the "right" reading level. Well, God is sooooo good and I thank Him so much for giving me the wisdom and knowledge to teach my children....to read. As you can see in the picture Isaac has developed a love for reading! For Christmas he got several books and has already read one and started on another one. Before Christmas he was reading The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn and finished it in about 2 weeks! And I am not talking about small books...the Huckleberry Finn book had 16 chapters and the one he just finished had 20 chapters! He will be reading without me even having to tell him. I can not tell you the joy I feel to see him and Sarah read and not just r-e-a-d but to love it! One thing that is awesome is to hear them read God's Word! During our Family worship at night Isaac and Sarah have a turn to read and they do so well. My prayer is that they will have a hunger not just to read God's Word but to live it out...But be doers of the Word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. James 1:22.

No comments: