A Heart Toward Home

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve (worship) the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

Sunday, December 6, 2009

A nugget of God's truth...

Saturday night my mother, Sarah and I attended a "Cookie Exchange" and really enjoyed ourselves. There were so many different kinds of cookies and yet each one delicious. Everyone that attneded brought a plate full of cookies to share with everyone else. The home that we went to was so beautifully decorated and looked so "Christmasy". As I share that with you I am reminded that our heart is God's home and we must make sure that it is fit for a King....the King of Kings. The Bible tells us that it is God that takes out our heart of stone and puts in us a new heart...a heart of flesh (Ezekiel 36:26&27). So in preparing our hearts for our King I invite you to a "Scripture Exchange". Here is how it works...I have shared with you on occasions passages of scripture that God has used to speak to my heart (those are labeled "A nugget of God's truth..."), so now I ask that you share a passage of scripture and how God has used it to speak to your heart. After all have shared I will compile them and post them (with your permission). This way we can all "Taste and see that the Lord is good." Psalm 34:8. If you follow my blog and can not post then please feel free to email me your scripture. I will give everyone a week to reply. I am looking forward to hearing how God is at work in your lives through His Word! My prayer is that you and I will receive a blessing, encouragement and be challenged by one another.

No comments: