A Heart Toward Home

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve (worship) the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Christmas Tree!










This is what our family did on Thanksgiving morning! I will tell you a brief story about Christmas Trees.....Bryan and I purchased a Christmas Tree our first Christmas we were married and had the best time putting up the tree and even making homemade ornaments together to go on the tree. Well after a couple of years we decided it was more of a hassle to put up the tree and take it down and we even had a cat that we had to try and keep out of the tree, so we didn't have a Christmas Tree for about 3+ years! Everyone thought we were "weird" but we saw it as a time saver and knew that one day when we had children we would do the Christmas Tree thing again. Well when we did start putting that tree up again the kids really enjoyed it. Last year when we put the tree up and took it down it was shedding really bad (it was 12 years old). So after Christmas we took advantage of a sale and bought us a new pre-lit tree!!!! O how nice it was to just 1-2-3 and it was put up and with lights on it!!! WOW what a time saver! This year I decided that I would let the kids put on the ornaments (not the meaningful ones) while I put the nice ones on the top. Through God's changing me I actually have not fretted about the "looks" of our tree. All the ornaments are on the front and we have more in some spots than others but the fact is the kids had a blast decorating the tree and that is what matters. If you know me any you know that I am a perfectionist and like things done "right" but God has brought me a long way! Praise God that I am learning that some things are just not that important. I will say though that I haven't wrapped the first present because I just assumed that with Tinothy I would have to rewrap them, so there are no presents under the tree....yet! I just love my family and love making memories with them. I feel so blessed to have so many helpers around the house!

1 comment:

Wendy Harris said...

I love your tree! As you know, I am a perfectionist too so I can understand how hard it is to just let those little things go. I love you so much, Cantina! I have been meaning to comment on your blog for the past week. I plan to post more comments soon. I pray that you have a great Christmas with your family. What a precious family you have!!