A Heart Toward Home

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve (worship) the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

Thursday, January 28, 2016

Ice Cream

While our home was being built and we lived in the camper something was started in our family...Edy's Ice Cream. In the time between the fire and rebuiilding there was a Dollar General built right down the road. For a treat in the camper we would have ice cream...Edy's Ice Cream. We would make a trip to the DG for this or that and pick up some ice cream too. The kids enjoyed this treat...so did Dad and Mom. :) 
We have continued to buy this kind of ice cream. On Monday the kids and I were in town and Kroger had Edy's ice cream on sale so I stopped by and picked two containers up (picture above). Not telling anyone what I got and thought it would be a good treat and surprise one night this week. We came home and I put it in the freezer. 
Yesterday Bryan was going to be in town and I asked him to stop by the DG and pick up a couple of items I needed. When he got home he had also picked up two containers of ice cream (picture above). Is that not funny! We think alike and know this is our family treat. Great memories! 
Flavors: Vanilla is liked by Isaac and Timothy, Mint Chocolate Chip is a favorite for Elijah, Joanna, and me, Butterfinger is what Bryan and Sarah ask for. (Kroger didn't have Butterfinger but that is what I was looking for Monday night.)