A Heart Toward Home

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve (worship) the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

Monday, January 18, 2016

Celebrating Joanna with Grandparents

Since we have moved to Tennessee we plan a time when the grandparents can come up and celebrate birthdays with us. Usually we make it a day they can come see the kids play ball too. This past Saturday both sets of grandparents were here to cheer on the kids during their basketball games and celebrate Joanna turning 5!
We went to Elijah and Timothy's game at 11:00 then headed to our house for lunch. Joanna requested Taco soup. 
Pop and Gigi got her a new outfit and a set of books. 😀
Paw and Maw got her a watch, Legos, and pink neck pillow. 😃
My parents came up on Friday night and stayed til lunch on Sunday. They went to church with us that morning. Very thankful we got to spend this time with them!
My mother and dad gave me a scrapbook for my birthday that has pictures from when I was a baby til now. I loved it! It was great to look at those pictures and now have them. Thanks Dad and Mom!!
After lunch on Saturday we had cake and ice cream. Joanna requested that my mom make her a strawberry cake with chocolate icing.
This is special because my grandmother (mother's mother) used to make my birthday cakes and the chocolate icing was the homemade fudge icing. My mom used the same icing recipe for Joanna's cake. Brought back memories. 

No comments: