A Heart Toward Home

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve (worship) the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

Friday, November 20, 2009

A nugget of God's truth...

The other day I was having one of those days....where I felt that I had failed as a Mom and there was no going back....I was getting consumed. I don't know if you have ever had one of those days but it is not a good one. Some seasons in my life those days have come too often. As I was going through this trying day I was compelled to call a dear friend, she is one of those friends that God has given me that I know she will pray with me right then. As her and I talked and she prayed for me she reminded me that God's Word says "His mercies are new every morning". That was a very encouraging Word and I pondered that the rest of the day. The next morning as I was spending some personal time with the Lord I was reminded of what my friend had shared with me and I went straight to the Word of God. As I looked this verse up God once again spoke to my spirit and I want to share it with you. Look at Lamentations 3:22-24.....

Through the Lord’s mercies we are not consumed,
Because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning;
Great is Your faithfulness. "The Lord is my portion," says my soul,
"Therefore I hope in Him!"

Notice that it says that through the Lords mercies we are not consumed. That was exactly what I needed to hear. This was telling me that there is no reason for me to feel consumed because I have the Lord's mercies, I have those mercies because Jesus' blood has cleansed me from my sin and has changed my heart....I am a new creation. Then it reminds me that His compassions fail not...God himself looks down on me in my weakness and has compassions on me because I am His child.
They are new every morning;... His mercies are fresh and new every day. Some days those mercies are new every moment for me. And because of those mercies that are new I am not consumed! Thank you Lord that you give me a new day...a new moment. That is the perfect example of God's great faithfulness!
And lastly I need my soul to say that "The Lord is my portion, therefore I will hope in Him" . Even if I am having "one of those days" I must remind myself that it is Lord who I will hope in and not the things of this world or in my feelings! So let me challenge you and I with this...the next time you or I are having one of those days and we feel consumed and as if there is no hope...We have God's mercies to see us through and they are new every morning (or moment).

Seeking Him!
Cantina

No comments: