A Heart Toward Home

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve (worship) the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

From Our kitchen to Yours....

I had a request from a friend to post a recipe...so I wanted to do that for her and to share with the rest of you all.

Shepherd's Pie

1 lb ground beef (I use ground turkey)
Frozen mixed vegetables (16oz. bag)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
8 servings of Mashed Potatoes (I use the packets of Idaho- 1 butter and 1 roasted garlic)
Sliced cheese

Brown your meat and drain off grease if used beef. Cook your veggies as directed on bag. While your veggies are cooking mix together your meat and soup. Cook your potatoes. Once your veggies are done then add them to your meat mixture and mix all together. Pour this mixture in a greased casserole dish (13X9) and spread potatoes on top. Place sliced cheese on top of potatoes. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

I hope this makes sense. If not please let me know and I will try to explain it better. This is a favorite at our house! I like it because I can give my family a little of everything and don't have to make 50 dishes. I will have to say this is one of Bryan's favorites that he could have weekly. Bryan eats the leftovers by dipping nacho chips in it....it is good! Hope you enjoy!!
Happy Cooking!

1 comment:

The McKinneys said...

Thank you! I can hear Graham saying mmmmm already!