A Heart Toward Home

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve (worship) the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A Field Trip for the Camp's






On the 3rd of November we took a trip to Cheaha. The weather was so nice and I couldn't resist a perfect chance to take a field trip. Bryan and I asked my Nanny and a dear lady from our church to go with us. I fixed sandwhiches that morning and packed chips, drinks and a snack to take so we could have a picnic lunch. It was so nice and we had so much fun. The weather was beautiful and so was the scenery. The first place we stopped was at the Tower. At the Tower the kids, Bryan and Ms. Shirley got to go up and look out. Isaac actually went up twice...once with Bryan and then with Ms. Shirley. Nanny and I stayed down with Timothy and then I had to go and help Sarah come down because she didn't quite make it to the top (it is a little high). After we left the Tower we stopped at the small playground to let the children play and we sat up for our picnic. It worked out well because there was a picnic table right there at the playground. The Playground was exactly what Elijah loved!! We all agreed that having a picnic makes a sandwhich taste so much better. Then our last stop was to Bald Rock. It is very nice because they have made a walk way out to the end and there are several places along the way to stop and rest. We put Timothy in the stroller and Ms. Shirley and Nanny offered to push him, that was a blessing! I believe Nanny and Ms. Shirley had a very nice time also. One of the things that I really like and enjoy about homeschooling is we can take a field trip as a family and the kids have an opportunity to spend time with other adults and family.

1 comment:

Autumn Harris said...

Hey Cantina! Me and the boys took a trip to Cheaha last week and it was so nice. Your kids are growing up so fast. I can remember watching Isaac for you for an hour or so while you and Brian had something to do at the church and I think he was only six weeks old at the time. Boy how time flies. God has blessed both of our families in such a big way. I am glad I found your site off of Wendy's so I can stay updated on your family!
Love you!
Autumn Harris