A Heart Toward Home

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve (worship) the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

Sunday, November 22, 2009

An early Thanksgiving!

Me and my crew!

Dodey and her family.

This is my Nanny with my Dad. My Nanny had 3 sons and now my dad is the only one still living. They are very close. Dodey's father was one of my dad's brothers that passed away when Dodey and I were in the 8th grade.


The Kids!! This was taken right before they left... it was late and as you can see we had some really tired kiddos!

This is my mother's mom (my grandmother), my mom and Timothy.


The guys! They even went back for seconds...


Isaac and my dad!

The girls at their own little table!


Dodey and I!

I have a cousin that I have always been close to, like sisters! She lives out of town and we only get to see each other every now and then. Her name is Dodey. She came home last weekend and since she wouldn't be back for the holidays we celebrated Thanksgiving early! Her beautiful family, my family, my parents, our Nanny and my grandmother came over to my home. We all pitched in and cooked up some really great food...it was so yummy! Then after our meal we visited a while with my parents and grandmothers. Then my cousin and her family stayed a little while longer and we just spent some quality time together. The kids had so much fun playing together (she has 2 girls) and we enjoyed just sitting around talking. Oh how I wish we had more times like that together. Dodey and I are very close now and it is a different kind of close than when we were little. You see now we have a spiritual closeness. It is awesome to talk about the Lord together and to pray with and for one another. Maybe it is good that we don't live closer because that makes those rare times we have together even more special!! I can say that one of the things on my "Thankful List" this Thanksgiving is my cousin....Dodey. I love you girl!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

I know your family means the world to you! Great pictures!!
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Wendy Harris said...

I loved seeing the pictures from your early Thanksgiving with your family. I hope you guys have a wonderful Thanksgiving, Cantina! I love you!!