A Heart Toward Home

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve (worship) the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Strawberry Cake!

Here I am trying to eat healthier and posting about this Strawberry Cake! LOL!! I made this cake about a month ago and it was a huge hit here at our home. We all LOVE strawberries so I thought I would give this a try. I also had a few strawberries that needed to be used, so here is what I came up with!


Strawberry Cake
1 box cake mix (butter-recipe)
4 eggs
1 cup oil
1 cup of fresh strawberries (blended)
½ cup milk
½ cup of nuts (pecans)

Mix together and bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes or until done. Let cool for 15 minutes

Icing
½ stick of margarine
1 cup of fresh strawberries (blended)
1 box of powdered sugar
(I added some pecans to the icing too)

Melt your butter and add blended strawberries. Mix in powdered sugar a cup at a time until desired consistency is reached. After cake has cooled 15 minutes smooth icing on top and let set for a few minutes. Serve and enjoy!!

No comments: