A Heart Toward Home

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve (worship) the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Happy Birthday Isaac!

My oldest turned another year older this week! Isaac was 11 on Monday! So hard to believe that this is my little man! He is no longer a "boy" but is becoming a young man. It has been a long time ago but I can still remember the day he was born. Matter of fact, he was born on a Monday and his birthday this year was on a Monday....neat! :) Isaac has grown up so fast that I have to remind myself often that he is not "little" any more. Bryan and I are so thankful for this precious life that the Lord has blessed us with. As we faithfully point him toward Jesus our prayer is that he will grow into a Godly man that is a Godly leader of his home, church, and world.

Isaac is a very special young man. He is talented and loves animals. Isaac loves words of affirmation and quality time. I love watching Isaac play and enjoy being outside. He gets outside and would spend hours out there and not even realize how long he has been out there. :) Oh, how I wish I could go back 11 years ago and know then what I know now. Since Isaac is the oldest I look back and see the many times I have failed as a mom and not done my best. My prayer is that Isaac sees me look to Jesus in the good times and the bad.

Dear God,
Thank you for Isaac, a wonderfully and fearfully made blessing! I ask that you would continue to change his heart and mold him into a man of God who fears You and walks with you daily! I know you have great plans for Isaac, to use him as a leader in the world around him. I am so blessed that you have made me to be Isaac's mommy! It is a challenge at times to mother a boy, but I know that You can equip me, through prayer and Your Word, with all that I need to train, teach, and love him the way he needs me to. Thank you so very much for giving him a Godly father to be an example of what a man of God looks like. I pray that Bryan would have wisdom in teaching Isaac your ways and how to follow and love you!  May Isaac grow in stature and in wisdom to be a man after God's own heart that lives a life that causes others to glorify You!!
In Jesus' Name, Amen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tropical Storm Isaac,

Hope you had a great surprise 11th birthday!! Enjoy your game and book and socks and money and all the other gifts from your loving family.

So proud of you and we thank GOD for you and thank GOD for letting us be a part of your life. Can't believe you are 11!!!!!

Love and Hugs,
Maw and Paw