A Heart Toward Home

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve (worship) the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

Thursday, August 30, 2012

English

This year I want to share some about what curriculum we use and why we like it. I will start with English because I want to share something that happened recently as Isaac and I were going over English that confirmed why we use this curriculum.

Beginning in Grade 2 we use Rod and Staff English. When Isaac was going in to the 2nd grade I was looking for a good English curriculum and came across Rod and Staff. I thought I would give it a try and I will admit that in the beginning we were a little overwhelmed. :) Once we hung in there and took small steps I realized that it was a very good curriculum.

Last year I had considered using another English program. I asked Isaac and Sarah to tell me what they did and did not like about Rod and Staff. The things they liked about it was that it had lots of scripture in it and all their names (the kids) were in it. I was sold to stay with Rod and Staff. That may sound silly but the Bible is a BIG part of why we homeschool and we want our curriculum to have scripture woven in. 
 The other week Isaac and I were going over his English assignment. Not only was he getting his English for the day, he learned some sience and Bible in that lesson as well (below is a picture of that lesson). A BIG confirmation that we are using the curriculum that is right for our family!! I have been very pleased with Rod and Staff English!


1 comment:

Dodey said...

We are using the Rod and Staff Spelling this year and like it very much.