A Heart Toward Home

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve (worship) the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

First Day of School

We had our official first day of school last week. I always try and make that first day a fun and special day for the kids. They all love getting their new books and seeing what is in their "cubbies". So I thought I would share some pictures of our first morning.
Timothy was so excited to find a glue stick in his pencil box!!
A couple of years ago I started using these baskets for the kids school stuff. We call them their cubbies. This has been a great way to keep our things together. Sarah is so excited about all her new books for the new school year!
Yes, even Joanna got some crayons and a notebook. She was so happy and I know she felt as big as the others! :)
Elijah started K5! He got new books, a pencil box full of good things, and a new notebook.
Timothy got to look through his new books.
Isaac was so excited about his new spelling book because it has a horse on the cover.

We are off to a great start! I would like to share every now and then about our curriculum that we use and our likes and dislikes. I have discovered that it is going to be a busy year so I may not be able to blog as often as I would like.

Hope all of you have had a great start to your school year! What do you do to start your year off?

No comments: