A Heart Toward Home

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve (worship) the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

Saturday, August 4, 2012

A Camp for the kids!

I wanted the kids to go to an art camp or something along those lines and nothing worked out for us. That is when I decided that our first week of school would be a "Camp" week! :) Our week consisted of Art, Music, and Computer. The kids did two sessions of each each day. We had so much fun and learned lots!
Day 1 Art- Elijah (Age 5)
Timothy's art work. He had such a good time doing school with the big kiddos!!
The big kids did so well!
Sarah's art work! This was so exciting for her!
Some of Isaac's art work from the week. He enjoyed the art and did so well!
More of Sarah's art work.

The Art curriculum we used was How Great Thou Art. I am very pleased with this curriculum. We will be using it during the year, maybe once a week.

The next pictures are of our Music part. Isaac and Sarah are taking piano lessons so each day they practiced their lessons, reviewed the hymn songs they have already learned, and then they worked on some theory.
I taught Elijah a couple of music things.

Then I let each child have time to play on an educational web-site (www.abcya.com). Then the big kids also blogged each day on their blog. It was a fun learning week! A great way to start the year off!!

No comments: