A Heart Toward Home

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve (worship) the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

Monday, July 23, 2012

Happy Birthday, Sarah!

My sweet princess turned 9 yesterday! It brings tears to my eyes to think about how fast she has grown up. I have thought about all the sweet memories I have of her and I treasure each one! The other day as I was talking to her about turning 9 I realized that if she leaves for college at 18, she has already been with me for half the time she will live here. Bryan and I have been blessed with this precious life and our job is to point her to Jesus! Our hearts desire is for her to know, follow, and love the Lord with all her heart, mind, soul, and strength.

Sarah is a blessing to me and to many others! She has the biggest heart and it shows. Sarah has a contagious laugh and sweet smile. She is the best BIG and LITTLE sister any kid could have. Sarah has the best imagination and is still a kid at heart! She loves to draw, sing, cook, do crafts, play the piano, and read! Sarah is so easy to love!

Dear Lord,
Thank you for Sarah and for the precious gift that she is! I pray that you would continue to change her heart and save her Lord! May she always know of your love for her and our love for her. I know Lord that you have great plans for her and will use her to be an encouragement and blessing to many people. Thank you for making me her mommy and I ask that you equip me through your word and prayer to be the mommy that she needs. Thank you for giving her Bryan for a daddy, give him wisdom to love her and protect her. May she grow into a godly young woman and live a life that causes others to glorify you!
In Jesus Name, Amen.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Happy Birthday, Sweet Sarah!!

Gerry Adams said...

Beautiful pic. Happy Birthday!