A Heart Toward Home

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve (worship) the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

Friday, October 7, 2011

A quick trip to Alabama




Please pray for my dad and my Nanny. My dad's mother (Nanny) has been in the hospital for over two weeks now. I have struggled with the decision of when to go and make a visit. My heart hurts for my dad and mom as they take care of her because I know it saddens my dad to see his mom this way. Being 4 hours away is not convienent for me just to "run" to the hospital. This past Monday morning as I woke up I pondered the thought of the kids and I leaving Thursday and going down for a couple of days, but then I realized that Isaac has a game on Saturday and we would have to come home on Saturday. So I made a last minute decision to leave right after breakfast. I am not a last minute person, I LOVE planning! We threw some things together and was in the van leaving at 8:45 (Thanks to my dear hubby's help!). We arrived in Alabama around 1. I didn't mention to my parents that we were coming, I wanted it to be a surprise. We have not seen my parents in a whole month! :( After we arrived at my parents house (they were still at work) we rested some and then we went to the hospital. My dad had went to the hospital when he got off work. He was so surprised to see us! We got to spend some time with him and my Nanny. She knw who we were and the kids got to talk to her. I could tell she enjoyed seeing them. :) When my mother got off work she came to the hospital and she was so surprised to see us! We spent three nights with my parents and got to visit with my Nanny 4 or 5 times! It was so good....much needed! I am so thankful that the kdis and I were able to make this trip.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Praying for your whole family!!!