A Heart Toward Home

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve (worship) the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Seasons of a Mother's Heart

I am finishing up this book and have been very anxious to blog about it. Of coarse I could take one whole month and blog about this book twice a week atleast! My cousin lent me this book and I am so very thankful (Thank you Dodey)!! It was so what I needed during this season of my life. I do believe that I will purchase this book to have on hand and refer back to often. The author (Sally Clarkson) does a GREAT job in encouraging Moms and especially Homeschooling Moms! She is so real and shares her own personal up and downs during different seasons of her life. I have come to realize that I am in a season of my mothering that has a wide variety. I am in a season with some older children who are needing more detailed direction. I have two younger children (boys) that need my attention pretty much all day! Then I have one who is going to be 9 months old this week! Because I have a baby who is breastfeeding, it causes me to be with her pretty much all the time....and that is OK because this is the season I am in! I am in a very busy season of mothering. There are so many JOYS about this season. These precious children will only be little one time in their lives. God has given me a great opportunity to impact their lives and point them toward Him! One day (I am afraid it will be here too soon) I will be in a new season of life. The older children will be young adults, the two little boys will be entering the teen years and the baby will be entering into the 2 digits in age. I have come to realize that to others the season I am in may look overwhelming and "NO FUN" but its not that at all! There are days that are very challenging, yes more than one day a week. LOL! But there are days (lots of days) that are so rewarding! God is teaching me to enjoy the journey and make the most of the season I am in! What season are you in?

No comments: