Should I post it all?
Last weekend my Nanny (dad's mom) was not doing so well. They said her kidney's were almost failing and things were not looking good. My parents informed me that she was recognizing them and could respond some. I knew that I wanted to see her before it was so bad that she would not even recognize us. Bryan and I decided Monday at lunch that we would leave that afternoon for our 4 hour trip to Alabama. We arrived at the hospital at 8:30 and we all got to see her. Nanny just smiled at the kids and talked some to them, so I know she knew we were there.
Let me back up a couple of days....Sunday morning after sunday school Joanna had a temp of 102! She ran fever all day and would not eat. I took her Monday morning to the DR and she has hand/foot/mouth! Yuck!
Here Joanna is not feeling the greatest and we are needing to be in Alabama. I wanted to be there with my dad also! He was going to have to make a decision to do surgery or just take her home. They gave her a 20% of making it if she had surgery and with her kidney's not functioning great it was not looking promising! Tuesday morning when I got to the hospital my dad said he had decided to let them do surgery. He felt that this decision was doing all he could do to help her. On Tuesday night we went to eat with my parents and Sarah and Elijah didn't eat well. They both were complaining with sore throats! My first thought was they have what Joanna has.
On Wednesday morning the surgeon came in and saw my dad. He told dad that he would do surgery mid morning (to the dr's that means between 10 am- 4 pm). By lunch I felt awful! I started running a fever and sore throat. Elijah and Sarah both were running fever too! :( I knew I needed to stay through the surgery and be there with dad. Surgery started at 2:15 and at 4:15 the surgeon came and let us know that she had made it through and would be in ICU for awhile. We were praising the LORD that He had seen her through and beat the odds!! He is GOOD!
We headed home first thing Thursday morning. Took Sarah to the Dr on our way home and she has strep. I saw the Dr and mine is hand/foot/mouth (they say if an adult gets it it is ROUGH). My boys were still not feeling great this morning and Isaac even was vomitting this morning. Around supper we looked at the boys (all 3) throats and we saw puss pockets on Elijah and Timothy and red dots (crazy) on Isaac's. Bryan loaded them up and headed to the after hours clinic and they all 3 tested positive for strep!
Nanny got off the breathing tube this morning and seems to be doing well. Tonight she was tired and a little confused. If she makes out of ICU she will need dialysis. We are praying for the best! Thanks so much to all of you who have been praying for her and our family!