A Heart Toward Home

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve (worship) the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Kitchen











I have to admit that we spend most of our time in the kitchen! Between cooking, eating and cleaning, some days it is as if we never leave the kitchen. We do love to have other families over and fixing meals for them. We love the fellowship!!

The picture of Timothy is his latest! He is climbing on everything. I can not turn my back for a minute...no make that a second. We have a stool in the kitchen for me to get things down with and if that stool is anywhere near something that he can pull himself up with he is on the top step! The picture is when he had pulled up to the sink, I am just sure he is wanting to help with the dishes.(Ha-Ha) What will he be doing next?

The pictures of the kids with their suckers is a special treat at our house. Elijah loves "dum-dum" suckers and that is what he is enjoying in the picture above. Isaac is a chocolate lover so his sucker is chocolate and Sarah loves gum, her sucker is a "blow pop". They enjoyed their suckers so much and it was such a treat.

The other night Bryan made some bread pudding for a desert. He is a great cook! Bryan is the one who has helped me to be a better cook and given me confidence in the kitchen. We make a great team!

Also the other day I took the kids out for a short while to ride their bikes. It ended up being so cold we didn't stay out as long as I had planned. When we came in I fixed hot chocolate and we enjoyed marshmallows. Those are the moments I just fall in love with. Just enjoying the kids and doing things that are a treat.

2 comments:

Wendy Harris said...

I know what you mean . . . the small moments make some of the most special memories! I can't believe that Timothy is already climbing like that!! I know you must be so busy!

Cantina Camp said...

Wendy,
Busy is an understatement!!