A Heart Toward Home

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve (worship) the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Children are...


This is my oldest child in action! He puts all he has in to whatever he does. Soccer season is still in full swing. We have two more games if they don't get rained out. Isaac has scored alot of goals and has the best time playing. As you can tell by the pictures I have posted that he is very serious about what he is doing. The first picture is a little blurry but I wanted to show you that determination (he is the one in the blue). As I have been pulling out clothes for Timothy to use, some of them were used by my first child, WOW! It is very sweet to remember that this child playing soccer was my little baby (and still is) at one time...Now he is growing up. He has really been crazy about football and some days I feel that is all he talks about. Once again he does his best to know all he can about the game and the players. His daddy (my wonderful husband) has been throwing the football with him in the yard and teaching him how to kick the football. They both like "playing football" together. One last thing about this oldest child is his Wednesday night teachers at church have told us how he is answering questions and knowing the Bible. For that I am the most proudest, because that is eternal while the sports are fun, they are earthly.

Now this is my only girl (right now) showing off her toothless grin. My hubby (her wonderful father) noticed the other day that she has lost 3 teeth in one month. If you notice the picture at the top of our blog of us as a family, she is not missing any teeth. She is the funniest and most imaginative child....once that top tooth (#3) came out she smilied and said "It looks like a truck." How neat is that! Can you see the truck? My kids get a kids magazine once a month and this month they were asking for pictures of toothless grins so we sent in this photo and maybe it will get in the magazine...we will see. This girl has the biggest heart! She just loves everyone and is always thinking of others. I have to tell you she has been a real big help to me in helping with the two smaller children. What a blessing! Her favorite thing to watch is the Food Network ( my mother tapes it for her). Don't be surprised if she has her own bakery one day. She has been wanting to bake things to sell and get money to save for a mission trip one day.


This is kid #3 and this is him in action, making us laugh and smile. It seems that every time we turn around he is doing something else to be silly. His vocabulary has really taken off lately and he can communicate very well. Although he is not old enough to play a sport he thinks he is just as ready as the older kids. He has learned his colors and knows them really well. He is also been repeating his ABC's with us and tries to count, I think his goes like...1,2, 5, 8,9,10! Any way he is learning. He can give some very good loving. He wraps his arms around me and squeezes tight and says "love you". He thinks he is big enough to take care of the baby! Every once and a while I will catch him picking up the baby to bring him to me or to Daddy. I know he is trying to help but it scares me, but I just have to stay calm or he might drop him. This little BIG guy is learning to sit in church with us and has come a long way. At first he would wonder up one pew or back one pew but now he stays right on our pew and does good. We are still trying to learn how to be just a little more quiet for those around us, but I am very proud that he is learning! He is also in the beginning stages of potty training...yikes! This can be a difficult task but I have to remind myself that my other two didn't learn until they were 3.


This is the baby that I have been blogging about here lately. The latest news is he is cutting 4 teeth at one time. It is so funny that he is getting teeth while the two oldest are loosing teeth. I wanted to post this picture to show you how he likes to travel. I purchased this carrier on clerance when my second child was born and probably didn't use it 5 times with her and then when baby #3 came along I used it maybe 3 times (he was a big baby) and then Daddy used it once to carry baby #3 in when we went on a trip. So I really was glad I purchased it on clearance if I wasn't going to get any more use out of it than that. Now that baby #4 is here I use it often! I love it and am so glad I have it! As you can see he has enjoyed it also! Ok enough about the carrier....I can't believe that baby #4 is already 6 months old and will be one very soon!

The Bible tells us that "Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, The fruit of the womb is a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, So are the children of one’s youth. Happy is the man who has his quiver full of them; They shall not be ashamed,..." Psalm 127:3-5
Amen and Amen! I hope I have not overwhelmed you with things about my wonderful blessings. I have recently learned from the Lord that being a wife and mother is a role that is not about "me", it is all about serving others. That is the example that Jesus set and I should follow. By His strength I can die to self and serve my family. It doesn't matter if my children succeed in the things of this world but it DOES matter if they love Jesus, live for Jesus and serve Jesus and that is what I pray they see in me and learn from me. When I fail I pray they see me humble and ready to ask forgiveness because I know I am not perfect and I will fail.
Looking to Jesus- Cantina

3 comments:

Wendy Harris said...

You are such a great mom and servant to your family. I'm so glad to have a friend like you to encourage me as a mom. Thank you for sharing about the kids. I enjoyed reading and learning more about them. Love you!

The Camp Family said...

They are so cute Cantina. You are a great mom and I have great respect for you and all that you do for them each day. I think about you often when I want to pull my hair out, and it makes me stop and think, "I can do this". You are amazing.

Nancy said...

Super pictures! I see the truck!
We are blessed beyond because God gave us the joy in having & raising kids.
Great post, my friend!