A Heart Toward Home

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve (worship) the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

Monday, July 13, 2009

A nugget of God's truth...



To begin with let me tell you about these pictures. The other day Elijah (2 years old) found Bryan's Bible and off he went. Of coarse I just knew that when I found him the Bible would probably be destroyed. But this is how I found him!! I was in awe that he was "reading" the Word of God! I just had to capture the moment and share it with you all.



Now on to Hebrews... The next passage out of Hebrews that stuck out to me was Hebrews 6:13-15...



For when God made a promise to Abraham, because He could swear by no one greater, He swore by Himself, saying, "Surely blessing I will bless you, and multiplying I will multiply you." And so, after he had patiently endured, he obtained the promise.

To begin with God made a promise with Abraham. What was that promise? That God would bless him and multiply him. Here's the catcher...Abraham was old and for God to multiply him would actually be a miracle. But I know that you probably know how the story goes...God does multiply Abraham by giving him a son, Isaac, when Abraham was 100 years old!! Verse 15 says After he had patiently endured,...Do you see that? God wasn't the candy man and immediately fulfill His promise. He waited.... Maybe God was watching Abraham or maybe He was wanting Abraham to grow in a certain area of his spiritual walk. Whatever the reason we must see that God is at work even if we have to wait. The question we should ask ourselves is "Am I glorifying God while I wait?" I truely believe that Abraham was "patiently" waiting and while he waited he was going to glorify God. Then the verse (15) tells us that he (Abraham) obtained the promise. God was and is faithful!! You see God does what He says He will do.


God spoke to me through this in that when He says to me that He is going to do something I can count on Him to follow through. Sometimes I am in those waiting moments and I have to and need to remind myself that He is still working. He will fulfill His promise I just need to glorify Him during the waiting and at all times.


Cantina

3 comments:

Jeanette said...

This is the sweetest thing!!

I am a good friend of Rebekah's and I found your blog through her's. I really enjoy reading it!

Anonymous said...

A great reminder!

The McKinneys said...

So sweet! Elijah is going to be just like his daddy!!