A Heart Toward Home

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve (worship) the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

Saturday, July 18, 2009

From Our kitchen to Yours....



This Wednesday will be our "Little Princess'" Birthday!! She loves Strawberries and so I thought I would share with you all one of her favorite recipes with Strawberries in it. This recipe was introduced to me by a dear sweet lady at our church and of coarse it is always much better when she makes it. Thank You Pat for sharing this recipe with us!! I hope you all will try it and let me know what you think.


"Easy" Strawberry Pie

2/3 cup of boiling water

1 pkg of Strawberry flavored gelatin (4-serving size)

ice cubes

1/2 cup of cold water

1 tub (8 oz.) whipper topping, thawed
1 cup of chopped Strawberries
1 ready to use graham cracker crumb crust

1 cup of sliced strawberries (optional)


Stir boiling water into dry gelatin mix in large bowl at least 2 min. until completely dissolved. Add enough ice to cold water to measure 1 cup. Add to gelatin and stir until lightly thickened. Remove any unmelted ice. Add whipped topping and stir with wire whisk until well blended. Stir in chopped strawberries. Refrigerate 20-30 min ir until misture is very thick and will mound. Spoon into crust. Refrigerate 6 hours or overnight until firm. May top with sliced strawberries. Store in refrigerator.


Happy cooking!

Cantina

1 comment:

Nancy said...

That sounds like a great recipe! She looks just like you to me! (with your hubby's hair color).