A Heart Toward Home

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve (worship) the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

Monday, June 22, 2009

A nugget of God's truth...

I have been reading through the book of Hebrews. I have been slow about it because it is so much to take in. I wanted to share with you all a passage from Hebrews.

Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need. Hebrews 4:14-16

WoW!! Did you get that? God does know and understand our weaknesses. The Bible tells us that Jesus, our High Priest, can sympathize with us. But here is the catch...without sin!!! Jesus was in ALL points tempted as we are, YET without sin. How many times do I compare myself with others of this world, but I should compare myself with Jesus almighty. Jesus is the one who should challenge me in my walk with God because He is my example.

Then in verse 16, the writer of Hebrews says to come BOLDLY to the throne of grace... How does one come boldly? I felt that God was saying I should come with confidence to the King of Kings. I need to realize that God understands when I fall and sees when I fall yet He still loves me and longs to help me up. There is a saying "God loves me where I am but doesn't want me to stay there". God wants me to grow and move forward in my relationship with Him. Verse 16 goes on to say... "that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need." God is the one who can help me in time of need, not this world. I find myself going to other sources for help, like self-help books and other women, instead of crying out to my maker and the one who can sympathize with me, the One who can truely help me.

These verses came alive to me as I read them. I know that I have plenty of weaknesses and short comings. God showed me that I can come boldly to Him and obtain mercy and find grace in my time of need.

Thank you Lord for speaking to me through your Word. Help me to hide these things in my heart and to recall them when I am in need. Thank you that You know me and still love me. You are so good to me. I love You Lord!!

A daughter of the King-
Cantina

No comments: