A Heart Toward Home

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve (worship) the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

Tuesday, February 27, 2018

White Chicken Chili

As I was scanning through my photos I realized that I have lots of recipes to share with you! Get ready because eventually I will get to them and hopefully give you a few new recipes to try and that your family will love! This one that I am sharing today is from a close friend. She made this a couple of times and we enjoyed it. I asked for the recipe so I could make it for us at home. This recipe she found on Pinterest (with the title Wicked White Chicken Chili), you can find the original recipe here.

White Chicken Chili
  • 2 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts cooked and shredded/chopped
  • 4 (15 oz) cans great norther white beans, rinsed and drained. 
  • 2 cups chicken broth
  • 2 (10oz) cans Rotel tomatoes and chilies
  • 1 (14oz) can diced tomatoes
  • 1 1/2 cup blend of diced onion, bell pepper and celery
  • 2 cups frozen corn kernels
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 2 tsp cumin
  • 2 tsp chili powder
  • 1 tsp onion powder
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/2 cup nonfat plain greek yogurt (optional) *I do use the yogurt*
I grill my chicken and chop it up and set to the side. Drain and rinse 2 cans of beans and puree in a food processor. In my crockpot (with a crock pot liner) I put the pureed beans and the 2 other cans of beans drained and rinsed. Next I chop up my bell pepper, onion, and celery in the food processor and add to crockpot. Then add all the other ingredients except chicken. Stir together and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 5-6 hours. At the end of cook time add in your chicken and stir it in chili. Enjoy! 

No comments: