A Heart Toward Home

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve (worship) the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

Thursday, February 22, 2018

Green Bean Casserole

It's not your normal "holiday" green bean casserole! This is a meal all its own! I found this recipe on Heavenly Homemakers website and it has been a huge hit with our family. We enjoy lots of her recipes! This recipe is in her Oh, For Real cookbook. At the bottom of this post I will give you the measurements that I use to make a pan of green bean casserole for our family.
 Timothy gave it a thumbs up!
This really is delicious! If you try this please leave a comment and let me know how your family liked it. :)

Green Bean Casserole
3 1lb bags of frozen green beans (It may be the 12 oz. bags)
1-2 lbs of ground breakfast sausage
flour
milk
shredded cheese
salt and pepper

Cook your green beans until tender. I cook mine on low for about three hours with some salt and meat (ham). Brown your sausage but don't drain. Use the grease to make you some gravy. I add about 4-5 TBSP of flour to my sausage and grease, stir, and add a little milk at a time until the thickness you desire. Then add in your drained green beans (I remove the meat before I add them to the sausage and gravy). Salt or season to your likings. Pour into a 13x9 casserole dish and top with shredded cheese. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Let it set for 5-10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!

No comments: