A Heart Toward Home

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve (worship) the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Crockett Days

Living here in Lawrenceburg, TN we are very close to David Crockett State Park. We attended an event at the State Park in August called, Crockett Days. The people had come and camped out and were portraying the times of David Crockett.
Camping was very primitive for the weekend. Here is a picture of one of the tents there.
This lady was showing the kids how to make yarn to sew shawls, blankets, etc. It was neat to see her use the spinning wheel. She and her husband are sheep farmers so they sheer the sheep and make the yarn themselves.
In front of most of the camp sites were these cooking areas. When we got there the campers (people portraying the times of David Crockett) had just had breakfast. You could still smell and see some of  bacon, biscuits, and more in their cooking area.
Isaac took most of these pictures. The people were dressed in clothes of that time. We saw people dressed as Indians and then others were dressed in the clothes the people wore back then.
A picture of the crowd. When we were at the end you could tell it had really gotten much more crowded.
Bryan actually had to leave while we were there and so afterward the kids and I stopped at a picnic spot and had a great picnic. We bought some Kettle Corn at Crockett Days and ate it with our sandwiches.
Then I decided to take a picture of me and the kids. While I was trying to set up the self timer I took a picture and this is what I got! I LOVE it!!
Here is the "final" picture. We did have lots of fun and would love to go again. There several exhibitions that day but we didn't get to those. Maybe next time! :)

No comments: