A Heart Toward Home

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve (worship) the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

Friday, January 25, 2013

Advise

I received a text from one of the students in our Youth group asking me what was the greatest advise I had ever been given. She was doing a project for her English class.

WOW.... I began to think about this and knew pretty quickly what I would say.

In 50-100 years it will not matter how much money I made, what kind of car I drove, if I had a spotless clean house, if I was famous or not, etc. but it will matter if I made a difference in the lives of those around me.

As a mom I apply this to my mothering but I see that this can apply to others (the ladies I teach in Sunday School, the youth girls in our church, a neighbor, etc.). As a Christian I see this through spiritual eyes (leading others closer to our Lord, leading others to Jesus for salvation, etc.).

I don’t want to just make a difference, I want to make an eternal difference!! Nothing else matters when you get down to it!

As I read the Bible I see over and over again that this is exactly what Jesus and His disciples did....made a (spiritual) difference in the lives of those around them. Our world is full of lies and ways that are so far from the TRUTH that as Christian’s we have to rise up and be intentional about making a difference in the lives of those around us.

I am so thankful that I was asked this question because it did make me think and realize what I need to be doing every chance I get!

What is the best advise you have ever been given?
 
 

No comments: