A Heart Toward Home

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve (worship) the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

Monday, January 13, 2014

The Next Few Moments and Hours

We made it to the end of our road as the fire trucks started rolling in. By this time we knew that our home was gone. As we watched the fire trucks come we also were surrounded by church members, friends, and other ministers. They were bringing clothes, shoes, toothbrushes, tooth paste, and lots of love. One of the men from the church went through the woods down to get the dogs. It made the kids feel better to see the dogs. A friend from church took the dogs to her house. The kids and I went to a nearby church members home and waited there for Bryan. Someone offered to run to Walmart and get a few things we would need the next few days, diapers and wipes for Joanna being the big item at this point. 
Bryan showed up to pick us up and I really wanted him to walk in and say that most of the house had been saved, instead the news was in an hour our home was nothing but 18 inches of ashes. We knew our next decision would be where to go for the night.

When we moved here 6 months ago we had not closed on our house yet so we were able to live with someone for about three weeks, these same people opened up there home to us again. Bryan and I decided that this would be a good place for our children since they had already lived here before. So we got the children and the items that had been given to us and went to Uncle David and Aunt Sandra's. It was around 11 or midnight when we arrived. The kids slept like babies and have ever since!

On Monday morning the first thing Bryan and I did was call our parents. We knew that if we had called the night before they would have not gotten any sleep. That was an emotional moment, our parents were very thankful that we were all safe and together. Then I took inventory of what clothes we had and what we needed. The kids were the biggest ones in need. The clothes we received the night before were mostly for Bryan and I. The kids had NO shoes and NO clothes. I found a few things for me and got dressed for a trip to Walmart. Another dear friend from church met me there and helped me pick out some things.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Can you email me an address to send you some goodies to?