A Heart Toward Home

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve (worship) the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

Monday, May 20, 2013

Baked Oatmeal Cups

As I was looking at pinterest the other day I saw “Baked Oatmeal” and it was getting a lot of pins! I realized these are just like some that I have been making and we LOVE them! I got my original recipe from Heavenly Homemakers and made a few adjustments! :)

Thought I would share my recipe and pictures with you. They are a great breakfast food. Since we have been trying to eat healthier, which means not eating the packaged oatmeal...these are a great substitution. Very easy and super yummy!! :)
Baked Oatmeal Cups 
 2 cups rolled oats
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup honey
2 eggs
3/4 cup milk
1/3 cup melted butter
1 tsp of cinnamon
Chopped apples

Mix together oats, salt, and baking powder. Stir in honey, eggs, milk, and melted butter. Scoop batter into 12 paper lined muffin cups. Sprinkle apples into the center of each cup. Bake in a 350° for about 30 minutes, or until the oats are golden brown. These are easier to eat with a fork but if we eat leftovers of them a fork is not required. :)

 We have tried these with chocolate chips instead of apples and that is good too, but the apple is our favorite!! If you use the chocolate chips you might want to leave out the cinnamon.

*To make things easier for me I chop up my apples the night before and put them in a covered bowl until the next morning.

No comments: