A Heart Toward Home

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve (worship) the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Chocolate Chocolate Chip Zuchinni Muffins

We have enjoyed our Chocolate Chip Zuchinni muffins so much that I decided to add a little cocoa to my recipe. I changed a couple of other things and made chocolate chocolate chip zuchinni muffins. I have included pictures and the recipe below. Hope you enjoy!! :)


Chocolate Chocolate Chip Zuchinni Muffins

1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour

3/4 cup sugar

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/4 cup of cocoa

1 egg, lightly beaten 1/2 cup vegetable oil

1/4 cup milk

1 tablespoon lemon juice

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 cup shredded zucchini

1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips (I actually used half white chocolate chips and half regular chocolate chips)

1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans

Directions

In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, cocoa, and salt. Combine the egg, oil, milk, lemon juice and vanilla; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in zucchini, chocolate chips and nuts. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done. Yield: about 1 dozen.

2 comments:

Susan said...

I tried to make them this morning, but made them diabetic friendly. I used Splenda for baking, and I used 1/2 cup wheat flour & 1 cup of white flour.

Cantina Camp said...

Susan,
Thanks for your comment and I am so glad you tried these yummy muffins! I do hope your adjustments worked out delicious! :) I do make these with all fresh ground wheat flour now and if I wanted change the sweetener I would trying using honey instead of sugar. Just a thought. :) I have been trying to eat healthier the last few months and these are a couple of my changes I have made in other recipes. I have not tried the honey in these yet but will have to give it a try! Hope you have a great weekend!!
Cantina