A Heart Toward Home

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve (worship) the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

A Trip Home to Alabama

Someone got hold of the paper towels!

Sarah loves being outside!

Isaac is trying to catch the bubbles and hold the basketball.

Our official bubble maker...and he loves it.


It is so hard to believe that it has been almost two weeks since my last post. I will say this..."We have been busy and there is so much to be done!" Last week Bryan was at Youth Camp in Pisgah, AL and had a great time. There was over 100 that went...60 something from our church and 40 from another church. Bryan said that it was really awesome. The youth and college age were so well behaved and got along very well. I am so thankful that we are part of a church that has a good youth group. While he was gone to youth camp the kids and I headed to Alabama to visit family and friends!! The first night we were there we met my in-laws for supper and it was so nice to see them and for the kids to get to be with them some. The next day we had lunch with some friends and it was so nice to see them and spend some time with them. My dad and mom got to take the day off and be there with us...Thanks mom and dad! On Wednesday night we got to see my grandmothers and have supper with them. My Nanny and my mother made an awesome home cooked meal....ummmmmm! For dessert my grandmother made a homemade chocolate cake and it was so good, almost sinful. Then on Wednesday night the kids and I went back to West Park Heights for church. Isaac and Sarah were so excited about seeing everyone and the other kids just ran and hugged them. It was real nice to get to see those people that mean alot to us. What a blessing we received from being there. Then the next afternoon it was time to head back to Tennessee. We got up on Thursday morning and began packing up, went to the park for a little while to play with some more friends and lastly the kids, my dad and I went to the Berman Museum. We had the best time with all those we got to see and be with for those few days. And the trip...I was a little nervous because I had never made that trip alone, but it couldn't have been any better. We stopped one time on the way down and then we stopped at a park when we got almost home. I know that others were praying for us and I know that it is because of those prayers and the mighty God we serve that everything went as it did! Thank you Jesus!!

P.S. The pictures are not from our trip to Alabama, but some I had taken here at the house.

No comments: