A Heart Toward Home

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve (worship) the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

Saturday, September 22, 2018

Cooking With...

Because of rain here our soccer games got canceled today. It has been a great day to get a few things done and spend some time together. I decided to recruit this young man to help with supper. He is great at making some meals and one of his favorite meals is Sloppy Joes. 
 Cooking with Isaac is always fun! He likes to add a "secret ingredient". This time he added spicy ranch dressing which is his favorite salad dressing.
While he was preparing the sloppy joes and getting some tater tots ready to go in the oven I was chopping vegetables to roast in the oven. There is something about cooking together that makes life sweet! I enjoy cooking for my family but when I include the children in helping me it is lots of fun! I know when the day comes for Isaac to leave our nest he won't go hungry. LOL!

Last night the younger three children helped me prepare something for breakfast. We put it all together then set the delay start on the oven, when we got up breakfast was ready! I will be sure and have the camera ready next time another child is helping so I can share. Loving my life as mommy and wife!!

No comments: