A Heart Toward Home

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve (worship) the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

Thursday, March 22, 2018

2018 Tennessee 4-H Congress (Part 1)

On Wednesday Isaac, Sarah and I returned from a 4-H Congress trip. It was a great experience! I have lots of pictures! I will do my best to recap each day and all that we got to do. I will start by telling that Isaac was a regional speech winner, so that means he would be one of six 10th graders competing at the State level. Being a finalist meant he had to go up a day earlier than everyone else. He had to arrive at 1:00 on Saturday afternoon. The rest of us along with grandparents packed up and headed to our destination. We dropped him off and did some sight seeing. We went to the Stones River National Battlefield in Murfreesboro, TN. If you know anything about our family you know we really enjoy this kind of stuff! We enjoyed our visit there.
 We were able to see them shoot off the cannon! Pretty loud!
 Here is Elijah with my dad waiting for the cannon to fire. Not the one they are standing in front of
:-). LOL!
 Then we walked through the grave yard. There was around 24,000 soldiers either injured or killed during this battle.
 Checking out one of the cannons that were on display.
 Here is Sarah posing with my parents and being a silly girl. :)
 Timothy gets a ride from his dad. Bryan wearing Timothy's hat. Love these two!
Actually I love this whole crew!! After checking into our hotel we went to eat dinner. It was great to spend some time together!

No comments: