A Heart Toward Home

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve (worship) the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

Friday, January 27, 2017

Christmas Countdown: Days 7, 6, 5, and 4

On day 7 of our Countdown to Christmas we had a special family prayer time and each of us wrote down what we would like to give Jesus this year. We sealed those in an envelope and will open them next year at Christmas. I want to give Jesus more of a consistent daily time with Him.


Day 6 of our countdown we read Luke 2:36-38, the story about Anna. The scripture tells us that she served (worshipped) God with fasting and prayers night and day. That would be my desire for my family, that each of us worship the Lord night and day with fasting and prayer. I had bought us a new calendar to hang up in the kitchen and we opened it after we read the scripture. Each month on the calendar is a new Bible verse.

Going to the library is something that my kids LOVE to do, so for day 5 we made a trip to the library. Since my parents were here with us we took them along with us and we all enjoyed our time at the library very much.


On day 4 Bryan and I had somewhere to be early that morning so the kids got to enjoy breakfast with Paw and Maw. This was a treat for my kiddos because this meant breakfast out.

No comments: