A Heart Toward Home

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve (worship) the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Loaded Potato Soup

Potato Soup

8-10 medium potatoes peeled and diced up
1/2 white onion
carrots peeled and chopped (I used 5)
1 1/2 cup of fresh or frozen broccoli (I used fresh)
2 Tbsp butter
1 cup of heavy whipping cream
8 oz. of sour cream
1 package of dry ranch dressing (or 3 Tbsp)
1 cup shredded cheese
salt and pepper to taste (or other seasoning you might like)
Milk if needed
Bacon bits are a great way to top off a bowl of this soup!

Place potatoes, carrots, broccoli and onion in a big pot with enough water to cover them and bring to a boil. Let boil until potatoes and carrots are tender. Add butter, and rest of ingredients and mix together well. Let simmer for about 20 minutes or until completely warm (stirring frequently). This is supper delicious with corn bread or homemade crescent rolls. :)

When Elijah was born a dear friend of mine (Wendy) brought us supper. She brought us potato soup and cornbread. It was delicious! I called her and asked for the recipe. When Timothy was born I told my mother that I would love to have potato soup. When I got home from the hospital my mother had made me some potato soup, yummy!! I have to admit this is one of my favorite meals!! Wanted to share the recipe with you. Thank you Wendy for sharing the recipe with me! :)

I have altered the original recipe to add some veggies and we still love it! Just posting this makes me want to make a big pot of potato soup!! :)

No comments: