A Heart Toward Home

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve (worship) the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

Saturday, October 27, 2018

A Great Chili Recipe

 I really enjoy using the crock pot! To make it easier to clean I use slow cooker liners! Do you use them? If not, you need to try them! In one of my boxes of liners there was a few recipes, one of those recipes was "Game Day Chili". My crew and I could eat soup atleast once a week... so I thought I would give this recipe a try.

 I am so glad I did... but now we have it a lot! It is very simple and delicious! I wanted to share because now that the weather is getting cooler you may want to try this recipe. The weather don't have to be cooler for me because I could eat this any time of the year! LOL!!
"Game Day Chili"
1 lb. lean ground beef
1 TBSP of chili powder (or more if you like)
2 cans of light red kidney beans (undrained)
1 can tomato sauce
1 can diced tomatoes and green chiles
1 small onion chopped
1 medium bell pepper finely chopped
cheese and sour cream
1 slow cooker liner

Place liner in slow cooker. Brown beef, onion, and bell pepper in a skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally until beef is no longer pink. Drain well and add chili powder, mix well. Place the beef mixture in lined slow cooker. Add beans, tomato sauce, and diced tomatoes and chiles in the slow cooker. Stir gently with wooden spoon to combine. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or on high for 3- 3 1/2 hours until heated through. Serve and top with sour cream and/or cheese. We like to add crackers to our chili. Yummy! Enjoy!

No comments: